Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mirco-fiction


 

As soon as I roll out of my bed I head straight to my keruig. When the aroma of the coffee fills the air, I start to wake up little by little. This is how my mornings begin. I love coffee, it is my addiction. As the mug is filled with the flavor of hazelnut, I begin to ponder what day is it? I add some sugar and pour in cream or milk whichever is available. The first sip is always the best. After my fresh coffee is made I then start my day.

I was a former regular at Dunkin Donuts. I would sit in the drive-thru line forever just to get my coffee. I spent way too much money on coffee. The worst feeling is when they hand over the coffee and you can already tell they made it wrong. This causes a mood change in a heartbeat. I then realized I could be making my own cup of joe. That way it always comes out the way I like it, and the best part is I could save money. This new coffee machine was becoming popular called the keruig. It made one single cup of coffee at your convenience. The only problem was the price range was from sixty to one-hundred dollars. I’m a full time student and part-time worker, to me that’s expensive. My search on craigslist began; I knew the internet may be my best bet.

Photo by: Allison Swift Zercher http://www.snippetsfromsuburbia.com/
                Many of my co-workers at work are also coffee drinkers, they prefer Dunkin Donuts. I was talking to one of them about my search for a keruig, and to my surprise her sister had an extra one. This had to be luck; I only had to pay twenty dollars for it. Now, almost every day I use it for a cup of happiness.  Coffee shops are no longer taking my money.  I no longer rush to Dunkin Donuts in order to not be late for class. I never wanted to be that person who fights over a parking spot. My need for coffee is not that intense.

2 comments:

  1. I know the exact feeling. It is always a shame giving up money for a crappy cup of coffee. Keurig is such an amazing invention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We in the coffee business have never once made a coffee wrong. It is mind boggling how easy it is to make coffee, yet people pay $3 a day for it. You will need our guidance in the future, you will come crawling back.

    ReplyDelete